This past weekend was my College Homecoming, in Atlanta. And guess where I was… in Brooklyn, New York, watching the fun via Instagram. It’s still shocking that I wasn’t in Atlanta, because I vowed to attend every Homecoming until “THE WHEELS FALL OFF.” To page homage to Homecoming weekend, I wore my favorite CAU sweatshirts, and t-shirts. I watched youtube videos about Atlanta, and flipped through an old yearbook.
I’ve admitted I’m obsessed with Clark Atlanta University and Homecoming… and this is how I know:
- I have all paraphernalia from Freshmen year saved and stored safely under my bed. (Even a few flyers from parties I attended)
- I refer to Homecoming weekend as a Holiday
- About a month ago I teared up when it was confirmed I wouldn’t make Homecoming this year
- I would love for my fiance to propose to me on the eve of Homecoming (I HATE holiday engagements, it’s my #1 pet peeve)
- I am obsessed with “Ladies of the AUC” youtube video. Although it was shot in the 80s, I can totally relate to every word in this song. The visual is an added benefit! (Press Play and Enjoy!)